Assistant Director of Faculty Affairs
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
The New School is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that promises diversity and tolerance in all areas of employment, education and access to its educational, artistic or cultural programs and activities. The New School does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex or gender (including gender identity and expression), pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, religious practices, mental or physical disability, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, veteran status, marital or partnership status, or any other legally protected status.
Open until filled
|Position Title:||Assistant Director of Faculty Affairs|
|Location||New York City|
This position reports to the Associate Provost for Faculty Affairs and provides administrative and operational support for key faculty affairs operations and projects including faculty reviews (promotion, reappointment, rank), academic leaves, full time faculty searches, technology for annual activity reporting and review (Lyterati), and management of full time faculty data (non-HR related); and all preparatory and post-approval work related to these operations. The position includes areas that are solely managed by the Assistant Director, as well as areas where the Assistant Director coordinates and collaborates with colleagues within the PO and across the university.
- Manage and support Full-Time Faculty Reviews from receipt of dossiers from the colleges to their completion, in collaboration with senior staff. Includes the preparation of all materials for UPRC and UTRC committees (as well as their respective sub-committees for rank reviews), Provost, Board of Trustees, PO notifications to individual faculty, and Workday updates.
- Direct and manage Part-Time Faculty Multi-Year Review process in its entirety including liaison with applicant, college, and HR to ensure complete receipt of materials; create administrative timeline for review; compile and charge faculty review committee.
- Manage and support Search requests to their completion in collaboration with senior staff and college partners. (Coordinate all financial implications with PO staff in Academic Planning.
- Manage and record all contract letters, salary increase letters, and MOUs in coordination with PO colleagues and college partners.
- Direct and manage all FTF Academic Leave requests from solicitation of requests from colleges to their completion in collaboration with senior staff and college partners. Partner with PO staff in Academic Planning to integrate financials into requests.
- Regarding Data Systems and Faculty Files: Manage extensive faculty affairs documents and files (electronic and paper) including input of all faculty data into Workday, as relevant from faculty contract working closely with HR. Play leadership role in ongoing administration of faculty annual review process in Lyterati, including oversight of file transfers from IR and IT to and from the vendor, as well as trouble shooting issues with colleges and individual faculty. Support Workday transition in collaboration with college partners. Specifically, the AD is the point person for FTF academic appointments in Workday and will review and approve FTF academic appointments and FTF academic leave transactions submitted by the colleges and will work with Workday solutions team as needed.
- Regarding Budget: Work closely with PO Academic Planning staff to ensure the financial implications of decisions related to FTF are incorporated into broader financial planning. Manage faculty salary increase notifications as a result of promotion; manage, track, and submit honorarium payment for external experts; manage and submit expenses for Faculty Affairs (i.e. TNS credit card).
- Manage all relevant Faculty Affairs content on the TNS website and make updates as necessary using CMS software
- Provide administrative support to Faculty Senate (including updating web, taking minutes, room reservations, and communication)
- Discretion and good judgment in handling confidential materials
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines with significant attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in complex, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Experience with Access and/or other databases required; knowledge of Banner and Workday a plus
- Knowledge or familiarity with faculty review processes a plus
- Research experience a plus
- Master’s degree or comparable experience required
|Job Family:||Office of the Provost|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter